It is very important to act quickly when involved in a motor vehicle collision. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, and you sustained an injury, it is important that you take the following steps immediately after the collision:
- Report the incident to the police and complete a collision report – make sure that you provide all the relevant information;
- Exchange your contact and insurance information with all the relevant parties to the collision;
- If possible, take pictures of the accident;
- You should seek medical help immediately after the collision, andmake sure that your injuries are documented; and
- You should seek legal advice.
Whether you slipped and fell outside on a sidewalk or parking lot, or inside of a restaurant, grocery store, or other public establishment, your fall could be the result of another person’s negligence.
If you sustain a traumatic brain injury, this can have a lasting and long-term effect on your quality of life, personal life or career. Your brain injury may be
the result of a motor vehicle accident, a slip and fall accident, or another accident in which you were not at fault. It is important for you to document your injury with a doctor or specialist, and to keep active records of your injury’s progress from the day that injury was sustained.