Guardianship and Trusteeship

In Alberta, the Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Act allows someone to apply for guardianship of an adult, and to administer the estate of an adult, because the adult may have a disability or, for other reasons, the adult is not capable of looking after their own personal or financial affairs.

An application must be made for a Court order which provides the applicant guardianship and trusteeship entitlements to look after the personal and financial affairs of an adult who has either lost capacity or does not have capacity.

At Shield Law, we understand how difficult the surrogacy application process is, and we are here to assist you in the hurdles to come in applying for Guardianship and Trusteeship.

Contact our office today to begin your Guardianship and Trusteeship application.