Child Support

You may have difficulty determining who is responsible for the financial welfare of your children once your relationship ends. In law, there are two types of child support: base child support under section 3 of the Federal Child Support Guidelines (FCSG), and section 7 child support under the FCSG.

Section 3 expenses bring within its scope basic expenses for the children, such as clothing, food, and school supplies. Section 7 expenses, on the other hand, are extra expenses beyond basic expenses, including extracurricular expenses, childcare, and post-secondary education.

At Shield Law, our team can help you determine the amount of child support you may be entitled to. Contact our office today to learn more.