Generally, a buyer and seller will not consult a lawyer until they have entered into an agreement for the purchase and sale of a property. At Shield Law, whether you are the buyer or seller, we ensure to conduct our due diligence to properly review your purchase and sale agreement.
Once you hire our team to help you with your real estate transaction, we provide the following service, among other things:
If you are a buyer, then we will assist you with:
- Reviewing all registered interests and encumbrances which are registered on the Certificate of Title and confirming responsibility for the discharge of the same, if any;
- Consider the conditions related to the holding of the purchase deposit;
Reviewing financing conditions in the contract and requirements from the lenders, so that you can obtain financing on time and meet any specific deadlines;
- Review or draft the purchase and sale contract;
- Dealing with the Land Titles Office;
- Reviewing of who bears the risk until closing and any insurance that may be required;
- Drafting Statement of Adjustments; and
- Ensuring that you obtain a Real Property Report.
If you are a seller, then we will assist you with:
- Reviewing the Certificate of Title for the property;
- Review the Real Property Report or assist you on obtaining an updated copy;
- Assisting with Encroachment issues.
- Review all registered interests and encumbrances registered on the Certificate of Title and confirming responsibility for any discharge;
- Drafting and sending all the required Transfer documents to the buyer and the buyer’s lawyer;
- Paying out the seller’s mortgage upon receipt of cash to close and providing discharge through the Land Titles Office; and
- Providing a free and clear Certificate of Title to the buyer.
If you are either a buyer or a seller, or both, and need assistance with your real estate transaction, contact our office today.